Saturday, April 23, 2011

Introduction


My name is Don Rideout. My wife (Sheila) and I live in a 1950's ranch style house in Encinitas, California. We have lived here since 1989. This blog is all about a remodeling project that we are doing. The project consists of building a garage in place of a carport, expanding the living room a bit, and converting some existing space into a laundry room and an office. In addition, we are giving the exterior a facelift to resemble an early 1900's craftsman house. On top of all that, we are updating the plumbing and electrical. I think it's a good project for illustrating the various phases of a home remodeling project.

The photo shows our house before the project began. This blog will be heavy on photos because I think that's the best way of showing what and how things were done.

Our project was designed by Pat Sheehy, an architect in Encinitas. Our general contractor is Mark Stanfield.

No comments:

Post a Comment