Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Step 32 - Undergrounding the electrical line, part 2











I picked up a nasty computer malware somewhere in the ether and it has prevented me from posting anything to the blog for several weeks. It's fixed now, but so much has happened on the house that I don't know what to talk about next. I guess I will pick up with the completion of the electrical undergrounding. It's pretty mundane but it will maintain the order of steps that I have been trying to follow.

A contractor working for SDG&E came on the appointed day, equipped for everything. Using their cherry-picker, they pulled the new electrical line through the conduit and connected it to our new panel. Next they disconnected and removed the old line from the pole to the house. Finally, they installed a new "smart" meter and energized the new system.

Les Wannamaker took it from there. He installed all the circuit breakers and labelled them. Then he completed the installation of all the light fixtures, switches and outlets in the house. We are now electrically complete and up to date.

No comments:

Post a Comment